Dec 17 2020
It is imperative to reduce your children’s screen time as they may engage in risky behaviour when they become older. These electronic gadgets may keep your children occupied but parents may not desire excessive exposure of their loved ones to them. Therefore, it becomes essential to decrease the screen time of your children. You may seek assistance from occupational therapy sunshine coast to help your children spend less time watching television or playing video games. You may find it a tricky job to set limits on televisions and smartphones amid the massive technological revolution. The tips below will help you bring down the screen time of your child:
1. Plan a time to keep gadgets aside
It is essential to set aside a time for all family members to stay away from their electronic devices. It may be for an hour before bed or evening time when you may take your children to the park for some outdoor play. This will give your family members an opportunity to spend quality time with each other.
2. Try to set a good example
Parents can influence the behaviour of children to a great extent. Therefore, parents must become role models for their children when it comes to screen usage. Before you grab your smartphone, tablet, or watch the television, make sure you are setting an example for your children. The lesser time you spend watching television or browsing smartphones, the stronger message it will convey to your child. You may find several reliable centres that will be OT for kids.
3. Make sure you know the perils of social media
Children of the current era are highly tech-savvy. They can operate electronic gadgets with great ease and gain knowledge of new apps faster. Therefore, parents must remain aware of the latest apps, games, perils of excessive social media use, and trends, among others. For instance, you may not be able to inform your children about the disadvantages of social media unless and until you are aware of these risks yourself. So it is necessary to be on your toes when it comes to the various dangers of social media. Contact occupational therapy Gold Coast if you face any hassle in establishing healthy communication with your children.
4. Establish technology-free zones
It is necessary to create some zones in your home where you cannot take your electronic gadgets. The area must be segregated from the rest of the house and no gadgets like smartphones, tabs, video games, or laptops should be allowed there. For instance, you may make your dining or kitchen area the zone where no electronic gadget should be allowed. You must keep these zones available for healthy conversation over the meal. It will also help in enhancing the bond among all the family members.
The above tips will certainly help in declining the screen time of your children. OT for children will help in improving the everyday skills of your child and help him become more independent. Encouraging your child to participate in some fruitful activities will assist in bringing out their best. It may include reading an interesting book, playing outside, or making a beautiful sketch. It will help to keep your children away from electronic gadgets and video games.
Dec 17 2020
Physiotherapists are trained professionals who can cater to the injuries and health conditions of individuals who find difficulty in moving and performing their daily activities. These days, physiotherapists not only treat the needs of adults but kids as well who suffer such issues. These professionals are known as paediatric physiotherapists who have mastery in dealing with children of all ages. May it be a newborn or an adolescent, physiotherapists have the skills to work with kids and look out for solutions concerning health development in children. They care for your child and thus can prove to be a helping hand to your kids health issues. There are various reasons to opt for physio therapy for kids; here are a few of them:
- When you find out that a child is being impacted by an injury or any condition that impacts them adversely.
- When the child is experiencing some kind of pain daily, and the reason is not apparent enough to why this pain arises daily
- If your child has not started walking or moving around as per their age, you can consider going in for childrens physiotherapy. This will help you to get acquainted with the root cause and to get a solution for the same.
- If you feel that the kids are not able to perform well in sports or similar events and wish to enhance performance.
- When you find that your child is facing difficulty moving and it is affecting their general abilities as well as becoming a hindrance to their performance.
- Sometimes the pain that a child experiences may be caused by some underlying problem and as such cannot only affect their mood and health but also the family environment. Such things can bring unpleasantness in the daily life of family members and can bring in tensions and frustration.
- In relation to seeking physical health and weight-related advice from expert physiotherapists
- If your kids face issues with posture, balance, motor skills, coordination, and other related problems, you can seek assistance from a physiotherapist and opt for physio for kids.
- Another reason to knock the doors of a physiotherapist is when you find that you or your kids experience any kind of joint or muscle pain that brings in weakness and discomfort to the movement.
- If you are succumbing to ailments like plagiocephaly or scoliosis, which should be immediately addressed before the case worsens.
- If you or your child have recovered from any kind of illness or have undergone surgery and are looking ahead to improve movement, independence, and strength
Physiotherapy sessions can help in improving the range of movement and also aids in hiking the muscle strength for the betterment of children. These above-mentioned reasons are strong enough to force you to seek physio therapy for kids Brisbane. So, if you are someone with the concerns discussed above, you should consider visiting a physiotherapist to gain control over any kind of disability or discomfort that may be affecting your child.
Dec 17 2020
Occupational Therapists may help your child in several significant ways. They play an important role in the overall growth of your children. They are quite instrumental when it comes to play skills, behavioral issues, cognitive skills and the handwriting skills of your children. It is appropriate to seek occupational therapy for children Brisbane whenever its requirement arises. Occupational Therapists can be described as health care professionals who have gained immense specialization in occupational therapy and occupational science. These professionals rely on scientific bases and holistic perspective to boost an individual’s capacity to achieve their daily roles.
Here is how they can assist your child:
Handwriting and other vital skills for school
The tabletop hand skills like handwriting skills will be enhanced via a holistic OT approach. It will include seating and posture alternations in a bid to support the usage of hands and eyes. Children are encouraged to practice by writing letters to family members and other loved ones.
Whenever an injury is sustained or a surgery takes place, OT’s will help in curing or preventing keloid scarring. OT’s alleviate the risk of deformity. OT’s also prove useful in assisting scar management via treatments like massage, silicone, and vibration. You may seek occupational therapy treatment whenever you feel its requirement arises.
Help participate in life activities
The various activities let children with disabilities access and take part in interesting activities with their loved ones and peers. OT’s prove helpful with problem-solving skills to enhance unbiased participation in school, houses via amendment of verbal and visual expression.
Equipment and technology prescription
OT’s also prove instrumental in the assessment prescription and funding application required for your children’s involvement in daily chores. They have swift access to assistive equipment and technology. It will make a huge difference in your children’s independence in accessing the school curriculum and in self-care activities like bathing and toileting. It would also make a significant difference in your children’s independence.
When your child suffers from a chronic or degenerative condition, OT’s will come to their rescue. These conditions may impact your children’s ability to access the home environment. OT’s prove helpful in assessment and funding applications of home adjustments to enhance independence and social connectivity for their child and family. OT’s ensure that children live their lives in the best possible manner. You can seek the various therapy services for your children from an expert OT.
OT’s can make a significant positive difference in your children’s growth. So you must seek OT for kids for your child. Your child may suffer from several behavioural issues that you may not be able to address effectively. These issues may lead to peer exclusion and social isolation when it comes to the child and family. It is important to address these issues at the earliest. Seek the assistance of OT’s as they will offer behavioural support and modification to your child, families, and teachers. OT’s will implement some useful strategies to enhance increased socially acceptable behaviour.