READY, SET, PREP!
Create a smooth transition from home to school with our Ready, Set, Prep Program.
Ready, Set, Prep
– Class Size Limited to 6 –
Learn basic cognitive skills along with gross and fine motor skills to help with the transition to school.
Need to focus and check that things are established:
- Pencil grip – tripod and open web space.
- Hand dominance
- Self care – shoes and socks on/off, opening packages, Containers, zips, buttons
- Social skills – turn taking in a group, games, waiting
Visual Perceptual skills – snap, spot the difference,
- Cognitive skills – writing name (every day), colour naming/matching, counting to 20, shapes
- FM Skills – threading, pegs, buttons, scissor skills (straight and curved lines),
- Pencil skills – dot to dots, colour by numbers,
Gross motor skills – ball skills, skip, jump, hop, balance